We were recently contacted by a Home Base Holiday member regarding her and her husband's home swap holiday staying in a lovely villa in rural Greece. From their feedback, it sounds like they had a wonderful time and had nothing but good things to say about their home swap host and their lovely Greek villa.
- What would we do if there was a medical emergency?
- Who should we call?
- How long would it take for an ambulance to arrive?
- Is the ambulance service even the same as back in our home country?
Have a serious medical condition?
|Note: before you travel, make sure you have travel insurance in place and that your insurers are notified of any medical conditions.|
Add emergency details to your home swap welcome folder:
- Phone number to call for an ambulance
- Location of the nearest hospital
- Is emergency medical response fast where you live (especially if in a rural/isolated location)?
- Is there a defibrillator nearby?
- Do you have a first aid kit and, if so, where is it located?
- Phone number for an emergency doctor
- Phone number for an emergency dentist
Useful emergency numbers (fire brigade, ambulance, police)