Although many people may not yet feel ready to make firm travel commitments, this is still a good time to start conversations with other Home Base Holidays members to discuss home exchange plans for 2021.
Five tips: find your home exchanges for 2021
1. Start a conversation: When looking to arrange a home swap holiday, it's always good to be proactive and make the first move. So, once you have added your home swap offer, don't just wait to be contacted but be proactive and start conversations with other members so that you can pencil in your home swap holiday plans for 2021.
2. If possible, be flexible: It's always a big plus if you can be flexible with your travel dates and preferred holiday destinations - this is even more the case now with the ever changing travel restrictions. For many home swappers, one of the great joys of home exchanging is discovering a new destination that may not have previously been on your travel radar.
3. Keep your listing up-to-date: Make sure to check that your home swap listing details and photos are accurate and up-to-date. Update your home swap offer with your 2021 holiday availability dates.
Staycation swaps? This is when you holiday within your own country rather than travelling abroad. With many people facing restrictions on international travel, home swaps closer to home are a popular option. If you are looking for exchange offers within your own country, make sure to include this information in your listing (add it to the 'When & where' section).
4. Add photos: Listings with photos uploaded are far more likely to generate interest then those without. You do not need to add dozens of photos (in fact, it's best not to!) but make sure to upload between 5-15 good quality photos that accurately show your home and local attractions.
Photo tip: Try to take photos at a time of day when your home has good lighting so that your home looks welcoming. Also, prior to taking the photos, make sure to tidy up (no one needs to see your dirty laundry and unmade bed!).
5. Covid-19 precautions: When discussing a possible swap with another member, make sure to also highlight the steps you will take to make your space safe and reassuring for your guests. View our Cleaning tips for holiday home swaps during COVID-19
- Preparing for a home swap checklist
- Top 10: things to do at the end of a home swap
- Cleaning tips for holiday home swaps during COVID-19
- Search the latest home exchange offers
- Join Home Base Holidays
Join Home Base Holidays: start planning your travels for 2021
Whether you're looking for staycation ideas or planning ahead to overseas travel in 2021, by arranging a home exchange vacation through Home Base Holidays, you'll cut the cost of your getaways by up to 90%. View the latest home swap travel offers and join for free.