Looking ahead to a post lockdown getaway? Summer staycations will once again be particularly popular this year but, with many campsites and holiday rentals already getting booked for the summer months, it leaves many of us worried we'll not be able to find reasonably priced accommodation for a much needed summer break.
Staycation home swap holidays:
By arranging a home swap rather than booking hotels or rentals, you can cut the cost of your summer holiday by up to 90%. You'll also enjoy the space, comforts and safety of staying in a real home from home.
Home Base Holidays (www.homebase-hols.com) has home swap offers in over 90 countries. However, being based in the UK, there is a particularly excellent selection of offers in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You'll find everything from country cottages, city apartments, family homes ...even houseboats, castles, converted churches and yurts! Search home swap offers
Find your summer swap:
1. Add your offer: first step is to sign up to Home Base Holidays so you can add your home swap offer to the website (details of your home & location plus where & when you want to go on holiday). Either select the free trial membership or a full membership (at just £29!).
2. Contact members: it's important to give yourself plenty of time when looking for home swap accommodation. With summer staycations booking up fast, now is the ideal time to search home swap offers and start contacting members to suggest a summer swap.
3. Safety steps: when discussing a swap, make sure to go through any steps you and your exchange partner will take to ensure your homes are clean and safe. View the Cleaning tips for holiday home swaps during COVID-19
4. Keep in touch: once you've agreed a summer swap, keep in contact with the member in the lead up to your swap dates - good communication always helps to build the trust that is key to successful home swapping.
Summer staycation swaps (click image to view offer)
- Preparing for a home swap checklist
- Top 10: things to do at the end of a home swap
- Cleaning tips for holiday home swaps during COVID-19
- Search the latest home exchange offers
- Join Home Base Holidays
Join Home Base Holidays: start planning your summer swap