If you live in a popular area you are unlikely to be short of home swap holiday offers. However, wherever you live, if you are able to keep your swap request options open (travel dates and destinations) then you will often open yourself up to some fabulous places you may not have previously considered.
In addition to travel dates and destinations, having flexibility in the type of swap you do can also increase your options. For example:
- Simultaneous swap: this is a traditional home swap where you and the other member swap homes at the same time
- Non-simultaneous swap: this is where you swap homes at different times (this can be a good option for second/holiday home owners)
- Hospitality swap: stay in a spare bedroom or sofa bed of the members home while they are also living in the property
- House sitting: rather than swapping, you simply agree to look after a members home while they're away (great for people seeking pet care, watering the garden and the added security of not leaving your home empty)
Long-time Home Base Holidays members, Lisa and Cristiano, live in a village very close to Verona, include the information in their home exchange listing:
"We are now looking for a home swap for August 2020. Our double room (sleeps 2/3) ground floor independent flat is nearly always available for non-simultaneous swaps/rent-otherwise full simultaneous house swap during (Italian) school Christmas or summer holidays or non-sim/staggered swaps."
Lisa and Cristiano's Italian home swap offer:
- View their beautiful home swap offer in the Illasi valley, Italy
Join Home Base Holidays: start home swapping