When someone is being interviewed in their home office for a TV news report, do you ever get side-tracked from listening, trying to read the titles of books in a bookcase behind them? If you do, you are very likely to also be eager to check out the books in your home swap hosts’ home, perhaps looking for common interests, or something completely different from your normal reading matter to dip into.
Books really do furnish a room if you love reading and, on a quick check through some Home Base Holidays listings, many interior photos do include books, often with an inviting comfy chair or sofa nearby.
Small selection of book-filled homes available for home swapping:
Links to the above home swap offers:
- Recently converted 1930's Presbyterian church in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England. View home exchange offer
- Home in the pretty little town of Hay-on-Wye in Wales, famous for its many bookshops and annual literary festival. View home exchange offer
- Large Edwardian family home located just south of central Manchester, England. View home exchange offer
- 300 year old cottage in pretty village near Dartmoor National Park, Devon, England. View home exchange offer
- Cosy flat in a listed 1920s apartment block in Berlin, Germany. View home exchange offer
- Large, comfortable home in a beachside suburb, just south of Fremantle, Western Australia. View home exchange offer
- Bright Victorian 2nd floor apartment in Glasgow, Scotland. View home exchange offer
- Charming 18th century stone cottage in the heart of a village on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, Devon, England. View home exchange offer