To help ensure that your home swap guests will have a wonderful vacation and to make sure they make the most of their stay at your home it is a great idea to prepare a guide with everything they need to know. This is a great way to leave instructions for not only your home but also about your area how to make their holiday even more enjoyable. With every successful home swap you can include more helpful resources to ensure your guests have a pleasant time.
Here are some ideas for what to include in your home swap guide:
- Create a list with helpful information about your home to make your guest’s stay as smooth as possible. This includes instructions of how to use the washing machine or DVD recorder, how to turn on heater or A/C and how to lock and unlock doors and windows.
- Include information about the garbage collection with dates and times as well as recycling schemes.
- Create a list of the most interesting and fun attractions in your city. Include directions and if possible a map for your guest’s convenience.
- Inform your guests about the top rated restaurants and cafes in your neighbourhood and include your favourite picks.
- Name some of the nearest supermarkets and grocery shops to get the daily goods.
- Gather information about the common means of transportation such as trains, buses and taxes and provide your guests with prices.
- Get your guests in touch with a few of your best friends and friendly neighbours so that their can enjoy time with locals.
- Emergency numbers. Leave a list of useful numbers such as those of a local plumber, lock smith, electrician, etc. Also if you have agreed to exchange cars make sure to also leave details of any breakdown cover.