'I’m a third year Journalism student from the University of Sheffield. I’m writing a feature about home exchange for a finance magazine aimed at the middle class that I’m producing for my course. Home exchanging will be presented as a great idea to cut down the cost of holidays in these tough economic times.
I’m hoping to include some real life stories from Home Base Holidays members who have done home swaps, and hear more about how the process works'.
If you can help her out (brief answers are fine), Martha would really appreciate it (we'll also give your current exchange offer extra publicity in Home Swappers Newsletter and on the blog). Please email your responses to [email protected] and your message will be forwarded to Martha. With your permission, we can also provide Martha with a link to your listing so she can copy a photo of your home to illustrate her article. if you are willing to participate in a longer over the phone interview please let us know so Martha can arrange a convenient time to call you. Thank you.
- What attracted you to the home exchange idea?
- Where did you hear the idea?
- How many home exchanges have you done and where was your favourite/most interesting place you’ve been?
- Please tell us a little more about this holiday.
- Have you encountered any problems during a home exchange?
- What would you say to people who may feel strange going and living in someone’s house?
- How do you feel about people living in your house?
- How do you prepare for someone coming to live in your house?
- Why do you do home exchange?
- Do you think this is a good option for people who are suffering financially but would still like to have a break?
- How do you compare it to the cost of a standard packaged holiday (paying for flights and accommodation)?
- Would you recommend this holidaying idea to other people? Why?
- Are there any negatives to the home exchange scheme?