The simple answer to the question is, no – never! Home Base Holidays’ members’ email addresses are not shown in messages you send to other members as you will use the messaging system in your private member area to send and receive messages.
With so much junk flooding our in-boxes, it is definitely not a good idea to share your email address on any membership site that doesn’t have a similar private messaging system in place (Long established home exchange agencies did have problems with a few toe rags in the past, even some unscrupulous new agents who joined in order to compile mailing lists to promote their wonderful new free home swap services – cheeky! As a result, most agencies introduced messaging systems long ago to protect their members’ privacy).
Although Home Base Holidays members now take for granted that their email addresses (and all contact information) will not be disclosed to other members until they themselves are ready to share such information directly, it’s worth a reminder to those ready to join Home Base Holidays but understandably need reassurance that their private information will be safe.
Information for those new to on-line messaging systems:
- Once you are a member you will browse the same listings as you did as a non-member only now you will see a contact form at the end of each member’s full listing. The subject line is already completed and all you need to do is write your brief exchange offer message in the box provided.
- Click Send and the member will receive an alert message to let them know there is a message for them and they need to log on to their member area to read it and reply. The member will also see a link to your listing and a small thumbnail of your main photo.
- The message you sent will be saved and stored in the Sent folder in your member area. You can delete any messages you really don’t want but it’s a good idea to keep most as both a record of every member you have been in contact with and also so that you can view complete ‘threads’ of all messages sent and received from any particular member – this is invaluable as a reminder of all that has been agreed before compiling a simple exchange contract once you are ready to go ahead with an exchange; your messages will continue to be recorded in the final preparation stages in the run-up to an exchange.
- When a member contacts you or replies to a message from you, you will receive an alert message by email with the subject line, New home exchange message for you from HExxxxx (the member's User ID). When you log on you will see that there is an Unread message (in bold) in your in-box. Please log on, read and reply promptly to all messages, even if you can’t consider an exchange offer.
- Although your email address won't be visible to members when you use the messaging system you can, of course, choose to share your email address with another member once in regular correspondence if you prefer to send and receive messages directly (Note: such messages won't be recorded in your member area and so most members, although sharing full contact details once an exchange is agreed, prefer to continue to use the messaging system so that they have a complete record of all correspondence in one place).