« Make the First Footprints in the Sand: a Tempting Home Exchange Offer | Main | Home Exchange Over? Keeping in Touch with Past Exchange Partners »

June 28, 2007


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


Sue (alias Desperate of Devon) contacted our partner site, Guardian home exchange, with the same request for help with the problem of getting insurance cover for her American exchange partner to drive her car.

I replied directly to Sue with some suggestions and hope she received it (her email address wasn't correct so I sent it three times).

Although, if you decide to include cars as part of a home exchange, you should check your partners will be insured to drive your car with your insurance co. long before your exchange dates, if you have overlooked this until v. close to the date you travel, we are happy to advise (if we can) but your first port of call should always be the home exchange club you joined. Any established agency should do their best to advise you.

Sue Waite


Does anyone know of a way that American home exchange partners can get insured to drive a car in Britain? Very short time to sort thsi out so any help much appreciated!

Desperate of Devon

The comments to this entry are closed.

Home Base Holidays
Sign up to newsletter